13720: Vedrine: Re: 13717: Kayling: Re: 13714: Minsky: 4 Haitian Films + Lumumba, Film Festival in NYC inDec. (fwd)

From: E Vedrine <evedrine@hotmail.com>

Prof. Marc PROU (UMass-Boston) has access to some of them. There's a good
one on "The destruction of Haitian Economy" when the killed the Kreyòl Pigs
(pretending all them had 'fièvre porcine') and replaced them with the
foreign "Kochon Grimèl". A great film! Even some of the "lwa" got mad, for
they prefer eating the Kochon Kreyòl and it was hard to find one for them.
CIDIHCA has completed 2 great films on Haiti: "Port-au-Prince avant
Duvalier" (Port-au-Prince before Duvalier), and another one dealing with the
current problems of Port-au-Prince as the first City of the country (with
English sub-titles). These 2 fils were shown this summer at Hyde Park High
School (Boston, Massachusetts) and were also shown last year in Vermont at
the HSA Conference (St.Michael College). To contact CIDIHCA (Centre
International De Documentation Et D’Information Haitienne Caribeenne Et
Afro-Canadienne; (514) 845-0880; fax (514) 845-6218; edition@cidihca.com
You can also get "D.P.M-Kanntè" by Jan MAPOU (JanMapou@aol.com). It deals
with Haitian Refugees, Political & Economical problems in Haiti; it's also
available in book form.

best,
EV