13755: Senou: Re: 13749: Sanba: Re:13734: Simidor re: 13723: Sanba: Re:13717: Casimir: Re: Neptun e's citizenship (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

I was not going to comment of that issue, but it keeps
on coming. According the Haitian law, the appointee
must provide all documents to the Haitian senate
before voting on his/her nomination. Now, if anyone
has any doubt, just contact the Senate.
This is a serious accusation. Any Haitian citizen who
had not renounced to his/her nationality can press
charge against the prime minister in order to clarify
his citizenship status since he is no longer an
elected official but an appointee.
The gentleman had spent years with you in New York and
other places; a routine background check can reveal
this information.
But why?
By asking this question? That person without knowing
had put into question an injustice that was done
against an Ouanaminthe native 15 years ago. It was
even worst than that and a “raté” had inserted that
clause into the constitution. If that person was not
stop on technical terms, the current situation in
Haiti could be different but this is another story. Go
back to the constitution: anyone who had renounced to
his/her citizenship and occupied a political post
cannot run for office.
This was done against an Ouanaminthe native the first
Haitian elected Deputé oversea in a predominantly
white constituent. (using American lingo) and this had
taken place 15 years ago.
I was not surprise when he was elected many said that
he was in exile and the date they had given the poor
little child was en 6e secondaire ŕ l’école St Louis
Gozague and doing what this family knows how to do
best: Premier La pa genyin pale ampil fre-o. Nobody
said that he was laureate; nobody said he was always
the first in his class.

Again, I do not see any reason why someone has to hide
its citizenship status. Well, if people are going to
get you on technical terms, they will. But usually
these people are Barik vid and they cannot do crap for
themselves and the country: troublemaker.
My friends, its 50/50 whenever one needs financial
assistance: Call the Diaspora then when it comes to a
prestigious post: Oops we need to check your
citizenship status. Who is in position to play
hardball?
Later on they will remind you that you are from this
place, Nou bon pou yo tou

The Senate had already answered that question