13763: MIchel: Re: 13758: Simidor: re Neptune: Simidor responds to Michel (fwd)

From: Francois M Michel <sanba@juno.com>

Dear Daniel,
Unfortunately, you miss my point. First I have no time for dilatory
tactics. So much so that I was about to forget about this issue, because
after all it is not me the accuser. An I know that the Prime Minister has
produced all his document to the senate. If any misjudgement, it's on the
Senate's part.
Second, Daniel, you know, or you should know that nobody, you included,
has the obligation to respond or satisfy someone's curiosity, or give in
to distractions. No hiding involved. And even though I choose to, hiding
does not  necessarily mean I am not clean.
Third, as you take it, is by no means Bible Word (with a Haitian
connotation). As a proof, you add or extrapolate on my definition of
realism in a way that does not match either what I had in mind, or what I
was talking about. And also, instead of hiding. I am talking about clear
right of everybody to do whatever dimmed legally necessary to oblige
someone or frustrate his or her curiosity.
In this particular case, I said: I would not feel obligated to produce
any paper, above all if I was under the impression that my interlocutor
wass not acting in good faith, or was on a propaganda campaign. I feel
it's my right. I would be a public servant that I would ignore such
request. While if you -I mean Daniel Simidor- comes to me and asks me
about some even private concerns of mine, I may much more easily oblige.
I know you understand the nuance. Regardless of how my decision leaves
something sticky around my fingers, I have the truth for judge. And truth
is truth. It can't be fooled. And, worst for the harrasser, I feel free
when I know I am right. In power or not.
Allow me not to address the comparison between Clinton and Yvon. But for
sure one day we all will be forgotten, except through quotations. Serving
oneself well, though, is a personal duty. As long as one does what it
takes to the benefit of the society at large, which you probably call
grandiose thing in the wind... Something we agree on, and wish for our
common "Patrie"

François-Marie