13769: Simidor: Re: Jean Du Tuyau RE; 13733 (fwd)

From: Daniel Simidor <karioka9@mail.arczip.com>

Cher du Tuyau,

You read from my nice writing that I'm not terribly impressed with
elections.  Some people lacking your verve are prone to say:
"elections every five years, same ol', same ol'," and talking
about candidates they sometimes add, but not very nicely,
"different piles, same shit!"

For my part, I understand from your entertaining prose that
although some people hate Aristide, they hate the people (Sòyèt)
even more.  Oh, how those nice people would like to see Aristide
go, but they fear too much what Sòyèt might do!  I sense a deep
longing for the good ol' days, when Sòyèt knew her place and had
no pretense to civil society.  But please understand that when
Sòyèt objects, it isn't so much because of your looks (fòm tèt),
but because you are squeezing too damn hard.  And now she is
saying to you Mr. du Tuyau, or rather to Mr. de la Chataigne,
Grand Bourgeois de la République, that if you squeeze one more
time she's going to do more than screaming.  Scandale dans la famille!

Common sense says, Mr. du Tuyau, that when something is broken
beyond repair, it is better to discard it than to keep it in a
corner and pretend it is not broken.  I know that "sauver les
apparences" is a big part of classe moyenne behavior in Haiti, but
that, too, is part of the problem.  You argue, and I empathize to
one extent, that the country needs order and stability, but I
agree even more with Sòyèt that her "popetwèl" days are now over,
and that stability without justice and food on the table will no
longer suffice.

I say we reshuffle the deck until the cards are no longer "fixed."

Daniel Simidor ….  assez de la parade des présidents.