13773: Kathy Grey re: 13733: Simidor re: 13730, Haitian Police Fire on Demonstrators(fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

Simidor writes:

<<The only people clinging to the "Constitution" right now are the fat cats getting fatter and fatter.... Stability and the status quo are not so important when life becomes a hopeless nightmare for the overwhelming majority of people.  Who will fill the ensuing vacuum?>>

Vacuum?  Is the President of Haiti going to "beam up" to his Mother Ship?  By what means is this "vacuum" supposed to develop?  Do we imagine that the President will ascend to his spacecraft (or his jet to Miami!  LOL)  accompanied by beatific angels and heavenly choirs?  Or is Simidor enough of a realist to admit that he is asking for the violent overthrow of an elected government?

Ahhh, now that's a great idea - let's have another bloody right-wing sponsored coup.  Let's inaugurate another stretch of dictatorship, let's push Haiti's tottering democracy to it's knees and drop kick it twenty years into the past, once again.

Let's once again demonstrate that Haiti is run not according to it's Constitution, which mandates a Presidential term of five years, but according to who has the most guns and who is the most willing to be murderously violent.

Let's see the streets of Port-au-Prince red with blood again, let's scatter cadavers full of bullet holes around, that's just peachy, yes indeed!

What in God's name can people be thinking of when they suggest a violent overthrow of an elected government??  What do they think that means?  What do they think they are asking for, in reality?

I don't like George W. Bush, I hate almost everything he does, and as a matter of fact I don't even think he won the election fair and square - BUT I will take up arms to defend him against a coup, I am not having that crap in my country, excuse me Corbetteers.  It's easy to sit safely at a computer console and tap away at messages like Simidor's, but when the cadavers are reeking right under your nose, when you hear gunfire down the street and a little while later you hear it getting closer, things look different!  Then coups and putches and all that filth don't look so admirable any more.

<<Let the people decide!>>

They already did!  And they have to LIVE WITH THAT DECISION until the next election, just like I have to live with George W. Bush.  Haitian voters are adults, Haitian voters are not children, Haitian voters must be held accountable for their own country.  Everytime there is a change of power, there is supposed to be a whole new crop of political asylees?  A whole new crop of former-persecutors-turned-victim?

And a whole new crop of murderers, too?  Simidor, are you willing to shoot into shantytown houses and kill God knows how many, to attain your ends?  Kidnap and kill journalists who embarass you?  Rape and murder female family members of political activists who oppose you?  Because that's what a coup is, Simidor, a coup is accomplished by SHOOTING AND TORTURING AND KILLING PEOPLE.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian proverb

The VODOU Page - http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html