13785: Senou: Question: (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Question:

The situation in Haiti is quite disturbing but it was
expected. We spend 200 years destroying each other and
sometimes for no apparent reason. My friends,
yesterday is history no matter what had happened, it
was beautiful, it was awful, it was painful this
should be behind your back.
You shall never forget history, because it might
repeat itself. At this particular moment, Haitian
people in Haiti are reliving 1985, the year that
preceded the departure of the last Haitian dictator
but most Haitians president are a bunch of tyrant
except these two Presidents: President Nissage Saget
and President Dumarsais Estimé, President Rene Preval
could have be included but the 2000 election was done
under his watch. As President, after seeing scored of
uncounted votes spilled on streets of the Capital, he
should have come forward and ask publicly for a redo.
Period. This is what OAS is trying to do right now,
but it might be too late or unless a miracle ...
My friends, you are responsible for your own destiny.
Blaming others won’t do any good if you cannot reverse
the course; the ship is sinking in the ocean and a
storm is approaching.
The situation in Haiti is alarming and we are not
really prepared to deal with what is about to take
place.
In 1986, the people used to listen to the hierarchy of
the Catholic Church, Protestant and as well the
Episcopal Church; not anymore. Who can ask them to
stop?  Can the Police force do its job?  That force
has enough man power to arrest most of the violent
fugitives but …
The Haitian situation is spinning out of control and
may God protect the innocent. The government is about
to correct the mistake that was done by the former
education minister, the old team must return to its
post and there should be no COMPROMISE. Upon
returning, I urge this team to organize a fair
election and leave. Please, do not seek re-election.
This is politic, just play by the rule. This will
teach everyone a lesson. Even in the United States,
the liberal governor of Georgia, I forgot his name,
was trying to blame educators and used them as
scapegoat, now he is packing his bag. Nanpwen pale
ampil fre-o.
On a serious note, whether the Haitian president
finished his term or not, a Coalition Government shall
take control of Haiti at his departure. The Haitian
people have great respect for General Abraham,
Commander Raoul Guillaume, and Ramis St-Vil from
Ouanaminthe and as well as Commander Samuel; all these
folks are living peacefully in Haiti despite spending
years in the military under the Duvalier regime. And
there are score of good people as well who can do that
job. When dealing with someone from Ouanaminthe, be
careful, you are dealing with the crème of Haiti, nou
pa nan pale anpil, nou degèpi vagabon habiye ak
vagabon sale min-m jan. That coalition government
shall be led by Professor Latortue or General Abraham,
Professor Rene Theodore, Professor Rony Desroches. The
country needs these types of people. Don’t forget to
include Professor Hubert De Ronceray, Ms. G and Serge
Gilles in a cool post.
If the situation becomes more chaotic which is not
expected since Christmas is at the corner and usually
people do not protest during that season, the Haitian
president has a moral obligation to form a coalition
government, then leave peacefully for a long-term
vacation (congé prolongé); instruct the priests,
pastors and community leaders to prepare his followers
for that news and make sure a strong police presence
is on every hot spot for at least 72 hours in advance.
Do not take half measure; full measure must be taken
against any troublemaker. Failing to do so, we will
relive one more time the total destruction that had
taken place 16 years ago after the departure of baby
Doc.
Senou