13804: Re: 13797: Pina comments on Bin Laden chant. (fwd)

From: kevin pina <kpinbox@hotmail.com>

Reuters reported today, "The marchers briefly surrounded U.S. consular
offices in downtown Port-au-Prince, where some marchers chanted slogans
sympathetic to
Islamic militant Osama Bin Laden."

I was there filming a good part of the time, especially at the peak in front
of the consulate and I NEVER heard nor recorded a chant like that. Come to
think of it, I never saw the Reuters correspondent either. I'll give a
reward worth $1000.00 to anyone who can produce a verifiable recording of
this.

I also like how Reuters couldn't quite make up its mind whether there were
"hundreds" or "thousands" of marchers supporting democracy on Monday.

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti, Nov 25 (Reuters) -

"Thousands of people poured out of the slums and marched..."

"At the pro-Aristide demonstration in the capital on Monday, hundreds of
marchers, accompanied by a traditional voodoo band, waved Haitian flags and
carried pictures of Aristide..."

Bin Laden be damned, I have never known a Lavalasien to have any sympathy
for attacks against the United States and they have mostly shown nothing but
contempt for Al Quaida. With the success of the literacy program, a good
many more of them can count as well.