13819: Senou Why? (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Why?

As long as people have an easy way to get out, they
will not really work for a change.  Change must come
from within, outsider and including Haitian nationals
living outside of Haiti can help out, can assist but
the real has to come those who are living it. The
situation of Haiti is taking a new twist, which is
necessary to bring to a conclusion the ongoing Haitian
saga.
I’m afraid to say that thing is expected to worsen and
the country will come close to the “Inevitable” but it
may not take place for the time being due that Haiti
is at eve of its 200 years of independence.
The international community is about to make a big
mistake for not reading what is going on in Haiti. If
the situation in Haiti is mismanaged, we expect to see
the biggest revolt taking place in the land of
Toussaint Louverture. The life would be so
intolerable; we will call for an intervention.
This trap has been lay down for the past 10 years and
we Haitians are responsible for everything that is
about to take place in Haiti.
The division is clear, the mass is fighting against
the students, and the students are fighting against
each other. The mass is being manipulated by the
Lavalas and the Convergence is taking a free ride at
the expense of the students.
I hope common sense will prevail and I hope these
folks understand the gravity of the situation. I urge
the convergence and the lavalas to return to the
negotiation table. We all know that the convergence is
not interested in any election and the country is not
ready for any election at this time. Do not waste time
and energy in something that you know in advance is
not going to take place.
Haiti has a political problem and this must be
resolved before talking about organizing any election.
Without a strong coalition government that can put les
points sur les i et les bar sur les t Haiti won’t go
anywhere. For those who claim that the Lavalas leader
must complete his term and why you don’t say that all
the Senators and Deputés must complete their term as
well. Oops! The constitution requires the president to
spend five years in office but what about the senators
and deputés?
Again. It would be in the best interest of the country
if this matter can be settled peacefully, but the
longer it takes the more volatile the situation
becomes and the less likely to reach a comprehensive
compromise.
In reaching a compromise the Lavalas and the
Convergence might spare Haiti from an international
occupation. But remember none of you would be
benefited from any occupation. By your action, you
will prevent the country from benefited anything for
its 200 years of independence. Why? Greed and maladi
pouvwa.

Senou