13831: Corbett again replies to Simidor

Daniel, I am not unsympathetic to what you say.  However, I sit here and
imagine that suppose a list like this had existed 200 years ago.

I fear there would always have been someone at every second year
making the same argument you just made that the conditions are not
right for change by law and constitution, and others would have been
making the argument during the longer regimes of Soulouque, Boyer and the
Duvaliers, but not have the power to carry it off.

It seems like it's likely to go on forever.  At some time there must
be a huge risk to make the changes in accordance with law and
constitution.

Why not now?

Bob Corbett