13833: information to assist Haitian couple in immigration court proceedings (fwd)

From: Adrienne.Judith@att.net

Dear Dr. Corbett,

I am a law student intern at the Legal Aid Society's Immigration Unit in New
York City.  I am writing to you at the suggestion of Dr. Alex Dupuy.  We were
wondering if your email list would be the appropriate forum for the
information we are seeking. Would you be able to tell us something about the
list?

We are currently representing a married Haitian couple who are in immigration
proceedings and may be forced to relocate to Haiti.  They have lived in the US
for many years and are the parents of 4 United States Citizen children.

We are making an application to the court arguing that the family should be
allowed to remain in the USA because it would be an "extreme hardship" to
their children if they were forced to relocate to Haiti.

We are currently looking for people with knowledge of current conditions in
Haiti who would be in a position to provide an expert opinion on how
relocation might impact the four children in terms of education, quality of
life, housing, employment (for the parents), and access to affordable health
care (one of the children is ill).

Sincerely,

Adrienne Oppenheim
Intern, Legal Aid Society Immigration Unit
Supervisor: Yvonne Floyd-Mayers, Esq. (212) 440-4266.