13873: Re: 13854: (Chamberlain) Haitian president refuses to resign amid protests... (fwd)

From: Cleo714@aol.com

<PRE>I don't know anything about President Aristide except for what I read on this
list (perhaps to my shame). I have found Haiti's politics to be so depressing
(nothing new since I was a child)...However, I have to admire the man's
tenacity.  For him to leave the country in a coup d'etat would mean perhaps
yet another leader to abscond with what little money the country has left.
Elections probably are the answer, so that the nation learns to depend on a
democratic process instead of anticipating chasing out a leader...