13889: Dorce - Re: 13844: Honorat: re: why not now (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 11/28/02 5:27:41 AM Pacific Standard Time, stanley honorat
honorat <shonorat@hotmail.com> writes:

<< haiti right now is at a crossraods.  the debate we are having now is
 such that we cannot know who is "right" in this case.  if we do nothing
 (ie-allow this government to complete its term) and i am correct, the result
 will be that you have a group (lavalas) that has had the time to entrench
 itself into all of the hallways of power in this country, and at that time,
 if and when we decide that it is finally time to act, it will be at the cost
 of many innocent lives, not to mention lost time.
 on the other hand, if you are correct, and there still is a change in
 government, we will all have the opportunity to work so that this situation
 is not repeated.  with all due respect, i would rather take my chances with
 my solution. >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
You don't even have to know who is right in this case.  What you need to do
is have faith in the system.  Believe me, no one in the world will let
Aristide or Lavalas "take over the halls of power" in Haiti.  Let me repeat
this: have faith in the system.  It will never be a smooth transition so
don't take giant leaps backwards by supporting a coup against Aristide.
Democracy in Haiti is an ugly duckling now, but it will grow up to be a
beautiful swan.  It won't happen overnight.

I'm glad you are not the one who will impose his "solution" on Haitians who
may outnumber you and disagree with you.

Kathy Dorce~