13900: Dorce - Re: 13898: Dorvilus: Re:13885: Dorce (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 12/1/02 7:09:13 AM Pacific Standard Time, Arsene Dorvilus
<arsenedorvilus@phayze.com> writes:

<< Could you, Kathy Dorce, explain what you mean by northerners being good
 ones to manipulate? Are you implying that, because Jean-Bertrand Aristide
 is from the south, southerners are less likely to let themselves be
 manipulated when it comes to him and his government? >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Pretty much, that's what I was suggesting.  Notice I didn't offer my
suggestion as fact but as a possibility of what may be happening.  Because
like everyone here, I DO NOT KNOW.  I don't want anyone, especially Charles
Arthur, to think I disregard the very serious problem in the north with the
unions and the Cointreau/Grand Marnier orange groves.  This is a situation
that cries out for demonstrations.  The demonstrators should be and are
demanding justice and protection from their government.  To answer your
question, I would assume that those who have had personal history with
Aristide are less likely to be manipulated.  Though money talks.  And misery
demands relief.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
<<And what type of manipulation are we talking about it, here?>>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Getting people riled up about how bad things are in Haiti and pointing them
to the object of their misery and complaints.  It's common practice, nothing
new here.  They are trying to get rid of the president.  I thought that was
obvious.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
<<And how do you define a northerner in Haiti? What geographical boundaries
do you use for that definition? >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Woulld you consider Cap Haitien the north?  I would.  Also I would consider
Mole St. Nicolas the north......Gonaives is north but still personally
familiar with Aristide.  Nothing scientific......just general directions.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
<<By the way, people from the Grand' Anse are just as far from Port-au-Prince
as people from Cap-Haitien. In fact farther because the road leading to
Jeremie is in much worse shape than the one to Cap, making transportation
more difficult. Therefore, there must be another meaning to "they are far
from him". Can you please explain?>>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I concede that cities just as far south as Cap Haitien is north would be
equally good targets for propaganda and manipulation (maybe even from the
Artibonite).  My point is, there have been forces at work in Haiti since
Aristide was first elected, and before that...I have met some.  If you
honestly think that no one is manipulating Haitians to dump this president,
there is nothing I can say to persuade you otherwise.  If I've offended you
with my north/south proposal, forgive me.  My intentions were to remind us
that we are not alone.  And to make sure your decisions are your own and not
planted there by those with agendas that might not be compatible with yours.

Kathy Dorce~