13904: Sanok: Re: 13892: Craig - Re: 13887: List of the Drugs taken by Aristide (fwd)

From: MaryEllen Sanok <potteryrn@yahoo.com>

I agree with some of the readers who are suspicious of
the authenticity of the medication list, offered by
Mr. Nadal, which Mr. Aristide may be taking.
Something we all need to keep in mind is that having a
need to take medications like these does not
constitute insanity.  To say so is rather
short-sighted and insensitive to the mental status of
many people who also need these medications, and who
are benefitting from them, making them more able to
function as a whole person in society.

What medications do you take, Mr. Nadal...and should
we make assumptions about you, your personhood, your
eating habits, your body's inability to regulate on
it's own, your mental status (sanity or insanity if
you will...) or your ability to function well in the
world from a mere list??  Medications are the gift we
have available from years of scientific research, not
a diagnosis.

Sensitivity and compassion for all of our fellow
brothers and sisters may be something you will want to
work on in the future, Mr. Nadal...or we must then add
ourself to the list of those who may not be making
good decisions of the most important kind.  Love is
the answer, and unrest and tyrrany in Haiti has been
rampant for longer than these medications have been on
any market.

Peace.