13923: Corbett: E-mail abuse of list members off-line

Folks, it has come to my attention again that a problem occurs now
and again when one list member writes another privately about some
list discussion and the one receiving the e-mail regards the message(s)
as frightening or abusive and asks the author not to write again.

I has always been my policy if the person sending the unwanted e-mails
will not cease and desist from sending the unwanted e-mails after I
have issued a formal warning, then I will remove the offending e-mail
address from the list and will not post from that person's name in the
future.

I want to advise the list of this policy and urge each of you to respect
the right of each list member to not be subject to unwanted private
e-mails in regard to things which arise from the list.

Bob Corbett