13731: Miller: positive observations (fwd)

From: Paul Miller <psmiller@twincities.infi.net>

I'm just back from Haiti and I observed the following:

The streets in PAP are the cleanest by far that I have seen (in 7 annual
visits).

There are numerous new parks / public spaces that are very impressive.

The construction around the airport and the airport road including street
lights is complete and traffic was flowing smoothly.

The Haitian people seem a lot less anxious about day to day violence than
during pre election violence in 2000.

Aristide seems more popular than in 2001.

Given the economic realities in Haiti the above seemed like a bit of a
miracle to me.