13969: Dorvilus: Re:13959: Edouard: More on Bertin (fwd)

From: Arsene Dorvilus <arsenedorvilus@phayze.com>

Felix Edoaurd wrote:

>I think the majority of the list would agree with Nadal's description of
>Mrs.Mireille Durocher Bertin. This is also easily verifiable doing just
>about "any" search on the internet.

I for one will never accept this saintly characterization of Mireille
Durocher Bertin or of any other person who willingly abetted the
undemocratic and criminal actions of the military and FRAPH when they
overthrew Aristide in a coup d'etat. They basically at the time went
against the will of the majority of the Haitian people. Simply because
Aristide turned out to be just as criminal as the others does not validate
the coup. That is also why the strategy currently used by the opposition
will not work if they insist on putting forward figures such as Himmler
Rebu, who mean for many of us a return to a time period that we would
rather forget.

What I sense more and more on this list  is a whitewashing of the years
before lavalas and the slow rehabilitation of individuals who were involved
Bertin is certainly a good example of that. Just because she did not kill
or maim anyone herself doesn't automatically absolve her of the moral
authorships of the crimes she conceived with her accomplices. Also, can
anyone explain to me exactly how she helped the military in her legal
capacity? After all, she should have known that her client had violated the
constitution in the most ignoble way without any popular mandate to boot,
just as much as Ira Kurzban and co. must kown that their client routinely
violates or ignores the basic legal tenets of Haitian law, as someone
pointed out on this list earlier.

>That said, it never ceases to amaze me how certain Lavalas supporters who
>movement was originally based on fairness, human rights and equality have
>come to justify and defend  murder, corruption and abuse of the press as
>long as it is viewed as defending their "cause". What they fail to realize
>is by their actions or inactions they are themselves are the greatest enemy
>of the Lavalas movement.

You are right on this count.

But I have not seen a defense of the murder or assassination of Bertin as
you claim. Let's be precise in the terms we use!  What I have seen however
is an attempt to set the historical record straight on who she was and what
that she was assassinated by Lavalas and that her murderers have never been
brought to justice, but if we want to be fair, then we should go furtyher
back and look for the murderers of the thousands of people whose sole crime
was to fight for a freer and more equal Haiti. After all, many of them are
still alive and living in Haiti. Anyone ever heard of Antoine Izmery,
Alerte Belance, Felix Lamy for example? If you are concerned about Bertin,
then you should be concerned about finding their attackers too, otherwise
you are just as biased as the people you attack.

At the end of the day, the real losers are once again the little people who
are being abused by the ruling classes of the country, the people who have
no voice and are not expected nor allowed to have one, the people whose
names do not figure in the social register, who are not considered to come
from a "respectable family", the people (like me) who are derisively called
"les romains" by the elites because our last names end in -us.  It was
soulouques and the zenglen, way back when, then the us marines and the
gendarmerie, then the army, then Duvalier and the macoutes, then the army
again and FRAPH, now lavalas and the chimè. Who will be the oppresor
tomorrow?

http://www.MyOwnEmail.com
Looking for friendships,romance and more?
http://www.MyOwnFriends.com