14016: Dorce: Re: 13914: stanley honorat (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 12/2/02 9:08:27 AM Pacific Standard Time, stanley honorat
honorat <shonorat@hotmail.com> writes:

<< let's assume that i agree  with you that, no matter what faults we may
attribute to mr aristide, he should complete his 5 year term and so on...
secondly, lets assume that the vast majority of people disagree with me and
that (to quote mr aristide)  "only 2 people are protesting against him while
10,000 are supporting him"  (for the record, i am one of those 2).  thirdly,
let's assume that i will
 not utter a word about the current government, but will instead spend my
 time trying to live my life with my family.  now, what am i (and all those
 who would agree with me) to do if i feel that my life is in danger with this
 man as president?  what am i to do if i am not free to live my life?  i feel
 that at any moment he may choose to have some of his hired goons attack and
 kill me  >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I wager if you are being threatened for voicing your dissatisfaction with
Aristide and Lavalas, it is not only because you disagree with him and his
policies, but you want nothing more than to see him out of office.  You don't
want him to fix what is wrong with his governance, you want him out, period,
by any means possible.  This intractability is what gets you threatened.
Perhaps working with the government would help make you a partner instead of
an enemy of the state.  Think of what progress could be made!  Instead of
trying to destroy something you would be party to building something.  You
could encourage consensus, true cooperation.  You would go down in history as
one of the architects of Haiti's new democracy!  Imagine how much better this
path would be than one that is so straight and rigid, walls on both sides
blocking out any positive ideas and which leads only to another
coup.....another step backwards to the dark ages.  It is not always a good
quality to be so single minded.  Aristide is not your enemy.  Longing for the
old ways may be the culprit.

>>(if she were alive, i'd say we could ask mireille durocher bertin if
this is plausible)>>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Here is where your argument loses steam.  Bringing up this woman is not doing
your cause any good.  If she lived by the sword, it is not unusual that she
died by the sword as well.

Haitians cannot plot the overthrow of the government and expect a polite
response, especially not after it was done in 1991.  I urge you to stop this
program of destruction that will certainly lead to civil war which would be
disastrous for everyone in Haiti, including you and your family.  Make the
convergence see the light.  Working together is the only way Haiti will ever
get better.

Kathy Dorce~