14031: Gerald Khawly Killed in Port-au-Prince (?) (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

I have an unconfirmed report that businessman Gerald Khawly, a member of one
of Jacmel's leading families, has been killed in Port-au-Prince.  I have no
details concerning the circumstances.

Gerald Khawly was a charming individual, quite well to do, with a palatial
beach house at Raymond-des-Bains, where he often hosted gatherings of friends
and musicians.  He gave considerable support and encouragement to the
legendary Haitian vocalist Gerda Hector.  While I have no idea regarding his
political affiliations or his business affairs, I remember him as a kind,
positive and life-loving man.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb