14048: Matt Ray looks for Broadband information in Haiti (fwd)

From: Matt Ray <mraymus@yahoo.com>

All,

I'm trying to find out if there is broadband access in Haiti or not.   Our clinic is currently using telecom to access an isp and it's getting very frustrating.   Between the ISP and the phone service, they can only get out about half the time.     Also, we'd like to increase our throughput so we can communicate better.    Are there technologies such as cable modem access there, yet?    What about Satellite?    Also, while I'm at it, if there are services there, what are the costs?   Installation, monthly, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Matt Ray
Healing Hands for Haiti Foundation, Inc.
http://www.healinghandsforhaiti.org
mraymus@yahoo.com
661.588.4400 - phone
413.740.0772 - efax