14082: Lyall on "first elected president" (fwd)

From: J.David <his_voidness@yahoo.com>

**deleted**

The Saint Titid PR machine created this myth about "first elected
president of haiti" or "first democratically elected..."

This is plainly false. Some people say that Estime was the first
elected by "universal suffrage", others that Francois Duvalier
was.

Virtually all of the presidents of Hayti were elected, by whatever
rules were 'democratically' in place at the time.

No president of the USA has ever been "democratically" elected
by the standards used in these comparisons, in the sense that
no citizen of the usa has ever been able to actually vote
for a president. We vote for intermediaries in the electoral
college. This is the system that haiti used before the 1950's.

> Aristide is in fact the first elected President in Haiti.  I have not
> yet  seen any proof of Aristide killing people, who is doing the
> killing?

Who is doing the killing? The police and gangs.
You pass bodies in the street quite regularly here. The polis
won't even come to investigate cause they have no gazolin.

=====
J. David Lyall,
http://www.lyalls.net/