14089: Wolf: Re: 14066: stanley honorat responce to hyppolite pierre (fwd)

From: casey wolf <talkhaiti@yahoo.ca>

stanley honorat: you cannot sit and negociate with a
man that you do not trust.

i think that in personal relationships we have this
luxury but not in dealing with government.  i am not
wildly enthusiastic about the way democracy works in
many instances, but i do know that when i want to
influence my governments i have no choice about
whether i negotiate with people i do not trust--they
are nearly always the people in power.  nevertheless,
much as i hate "letting them get away with it", the
chaos that comes with constant overturning of
governments doesn't seem like an improvement,
particularly when violence is involved but not only
then.  i wish i knew what the answer actually was.
here in canada we are often so frustrated with the
process that voter turnout can be comparatively low.
but when we get whipped up, as sometimes occurs,
changes come.  i think it is the threat of that that
guides gradual change, such as it is.