14119: Arthur replies Re: 14109: Chamberlain on 14108: (fwd)

From: Tttnhm@aol.com

Greg,

You wrote: "Come on, Charles.  Not many people here (and certainly not I) are
doubting that Durochin Bertin was an odious political operator grinding her
manicured heel in the face of the Haitian majority from a classic MRE
position."

I write: It amazes me how you are able to discern what "people here" doubt
and don't doubt. How do you know that?

The reason that I sent my post was because it seems to me that some people
appear to have taken the current political upheavals in Haiti as something of
a green light to recycle what are, in my view, reactionary and dangerous
ideas. Part of this effort on this list has revolved around a revision of
Haiti's recent history in connection with issues such as the Piatre massacre
and the activities of Mireille Bertin Durocher. I agree, my post did not
answer the question as to whether she was officially a member of the FRAPH
leadership or not, but that was not my intention. Perhaps we should ask those
who have had access to the infamous FRAPH/FADH documents if they contain the
evidence with which to resolve this issue. Alternatively, perhaps someone in
Queens, New York, could pop round and ask Toto Constant - but then again
maybe he was not a member of FRAPH either.

Charles Arthur