14155: adam girard, info on hatian artists? (fwd)

From: Adam Girard <adamgirard@go.com>

My name is Adam Girard I am a new member of this list.

I am a studio furniture builder, and an accomplished wood carver.  I am very interensted in the carving traditions of different cultures.  I am specifically interested in those of Haiti. I will have the opportunity to go there for the first time in March.

I was wondering if anybody on this list might know of any rescources of information regarding wood and/or stone carving in Haiti. I also would very much like to trade my experience with some hatian artists.

If any of you all have any leads I would be most grateful.
If anybody wants to email me off-list feel free to do so.

adamgirard@go.com