14170: Lemieux: FDR on horseback? (fwd)

From: JD Lemieux <lxhaiti@yahoo.com>

"He (FDR) returned to the States after riding
horseback all over the
country saying he WANTED to buy land...."

I realize this is a small point, but FDR riding a horse,
especially in terrain like Haiti's?  My years in Montana on
horseback taught me how important your legs are on
ahorse...since FDR could not stand without an arm to lean
on or having his braces locked, I just have a tough time
picturing Mr. President astride a hayburner.