14216: Dorce: Re: 14066: stanley honorat responce to hyppolite pierre (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 12/11/02 11:33:39 AM Pacific Standard Time, stanley
honorat honorat <shonorat@hotmail.com> writes:

<< now, is haiti (to this point) a failed society?  i believe we can make the
 argument that it is.  are we all responsible?  yes, we definitely are.  is
 it time to sit together and come up with solutions to help our country?
 most definitely.  is aristide the man to unite our society?  i say no.  he
 had the chance but squandered it by inciting, among other things, class
 warfare, racial prejudice and anarchy.  you cannot sit and negociate with a
 man that you do not trust. >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
You MUST sit and negotiate with the elected president of Haiti or you will
never have any credibility.  What you refuse to understand is, you are not on
equal footing with him and those the people have elected.  The opposition
candidates have no mandate, they deserve to be heard as is any Haitian
citizen but to have negotiation powers you must have constituents behind you.
 Why should anyone concede to convergence demands?  Why must you demand?  And
withhold?  And impede?  Why is there not sitting down and requesting?
Showing proper respect for the elected ones?  That's how they do it in
Washington.  You hear them berating each other unmercifully in public then
toasting each other in private, as worthy competitors for the people's
affections and support.  You tell Hyppolite Pierre that he disagrees
respectfully without denigrating his opponent (of course he deserves your
praise!), would that your oppostition people could do the same.  When you are
the minority in a government, it behooves one to walk in the room slowly,
quietly and respectfully, present one's case passionately but reasonably and
seek approval.  Kind of sticks in the craw doesn't it...well that's what you
get when you lose.  Next election, make damn sure you win.  (By convincing
the people you are going to make a big difference in their lives)
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>he has lied and schemed enough to lose what ever
semblance of integrity he may have had before.  he, along with his croonies
(mario dupuy et al) have proven how they can blatantly lie and simply deny
it afterwards.  in a situation like this, it is hard to give someone the
benefit of the doubt and negociate in good faith.
once again, let me reaffirm my faith that haiti will get through this
impasse.  may those of you who believe in god pray for this country and pray
that we all act in good faith and to the betterment of our land<<
All the attributes you assign to Aristide and his people, you can also apply
to your cronies in the opposition.  We have reason to doubt them, each and
every one.

Kathy Dorce~