14239: JJPIERRE: Re:14224: Simidor re: Gunmen in Haiti Attack Widow's House (fwd)

Subject: JJPIERRE: Re:14224:  Simidor re: Gunmen in Haiti Attack Widow's
    House

Brother  Daniel Simidor,Your comments in post #14224 were quite disturbing to me.You wrote: “ The so called attempt against Michele Montas’ life has all the appearance of a staged event.”  Although it is your perfect right to cogitate and even extrapolate as you please on events in Haiti, the reasons you so creatively concocted on this here situation are not rooted in the facts.  Let’s take a few:
a): “If the gunmen's mission was to kill Mrs. Montas, what would be the point of shooting up the gate when she was already safely inside?” Where on earth did you get this story? What are you hinting here?
When I spoke with Michele in the early morning of Thursday (Dec. 26, 2002) -the event happened around 5:30 the afternoon before-, she said to me the following:  (I am paraphrasing as we were speaking as friends and not professionals) “Because I used a different itinerary than usual (she switches routes quite often), the gunmen who were apparently lurking nearby rushed from the corners of Oge and Capri streets where I usually turn from to get home. As soon as my car has passed through the gate, two individuals walked by.  A few seconds after I entered the house, they made an attempt to penetrate the courtyard.  One of the caretakers swiftly closed the gate.   So quickly that Maxime Seide,29, did not have the time to make it inside (he had gotten out of the car to take a look around as he usually does). Then those same two guys tried to force their way through.  Being unsuccessful, they executed Maxime and, THROUGH the gate, sprayed the house with a few rounds before fleeing.  As I had begun helping my mother up (she’s been ill for awhile), the loud noise from the  (semi?or automatic?) weapons startled me causing me to violently drop her on the ground.”  Daniel, they did not merely shoot AT the gate.By the way the definition of assault goes beyond being physically hurt: the imminence of danger is also an assault against one’s person. The fact that Michele felt she was targeted makes it so for me.
b) In my book you don’t call a lady in her mid fifties “… an older bourgeois woman…”  That’s a bit rude.
c)A young man was cowardly wasted and you call it “an accident!” According to another caretaker, a young man to whom I spoke, Mr. Maxime Seide was not just an appendix : he was shot point blank several times. Please don’t tell the members of his large family, for whom he was the breadwinner, this was a “fluke” as you called it.
Oh, Daniel, Michele does not “visit” her mother. They live together.
Let us refrain from exuding any malice and viciousness towards one another.  Gets us nowhere.
Kenbe femJean Jean-Pierre