14251: Sanba: Re:14240: senou: Expectation (fwd)

From: sanba@juno.com

Welcome to your idea. However, I want you to be aware that Haitian people have a tradition of founding "asosiyasyon rejyonal". In New York I have been in a position to give them a big boost by helping them putting in place a Federation I expected much more from with the help of the government.
Today what we need from HCR is to help structuring a modus operandi that can enthuse the majority of Haitian into either: a)funding an organisation in the area where they live abroad and let people know about it or b)join the already existing organization and encouraging other friends to do so and really participating in activities undertaken by such organizations. Then we will have to establish a network of twofold(much easier to say than to carry out, I concede, but that is the path and where there is a will, there is a way: a)a liaison between all the different organizations from a same locality; b)one liaison per organization with the people inside the country the organization is supposed to closely work with an helping and even motivating to work towards their own goals. It will be essential to consult those people before we go over there and duplicate what we know they may not even interested in. Their participation or not willl depend on that. We will need also nine umbrellas abroad matching the territorial division of Haiti (not to forget that Haitians live in Europe, Africa, you name the continent);and we will need to contact all "Federations" that may already exist to make a National Federation, or a Confederation of Regional Associations of nine representatives. It is a lot of work.
We will have to nationally define our goal and objectives. A lot of talk and debates. We must (very controversial)engage, or talk to, or influence somehow the government into being part of it, because we are talking here about a big plan of development with three terms: short, medium and long. And we must create a new way of raising, administrating, and apportionating funds.
Such an endeavour is going to temper the volatility of politics the way we see it: pros, meaning everything is good from our side or cons, meaning everything from te other side must be bad, and destroyed. That prevents Haitians from living up to their liberative expectations, or worse it leads them into pacting with even those who may have big interests against our nation...