14258: Bushey: fuel in Haiti (fwd)

From: Lauri Bushey <laurib@haiti.maf.net>

Happy New Year all,

I bought gas last nite!!

 There doesn't seem to be much discussion on the list about our fuel
shortage here in Haiti. "Yo di" is abounding but one thing I do know is that
I personally have a whole tank of fuel now. It was the first time in 9 days
that I saw the station pumping. We bought fuel at 1:03am New Year's Day at
Texaco on Delmas 83. We think they opened at midnight. The price (as rumors
warned) did increase. I paid $16.20hd per gallon. I think diesel was $11.20.
We really don't "know" the real story about any of the this but it appears
as though the tardy tanker did indeed arrive and we certainly hope that
things will get back to normal soon.

Lauri Bushey