14268: Labrom: re 14260 Tourists to Haiti (fwd)

From: jacqualine labrom <voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com>

David Lyall says that "Resorts" at  which one spends a week or two do not
exist' - well they do - there are at least two very good  all-inclusive
hotels on the beach road - Côte des Arcadins. then there is Port Morgan, a
very good European standard hotel on Ile-à-Vache where one of my tourists
spent at least a week in July and then returned to go there again in
November.
There used to be a great one outside of Cap Haitian - Habitation Labadie,
but unfortunately the 19 partners couldn't agree on anything, so its for
sale!!

I agree with him however that most tourists don't come in to lie on the
beach - they enjoy seeing the sights and cultural places.

The US$100 will be a deterrent to some tourists - as they already have to
pay US$30 + 10 Haitian gourdes for Departure Tax.  Plus the hotels are not
cheap by any means - certainly not if one compares them to the DR. So a
holiday in Haiti is not a 'bargain'. And we need all the tourists we can get
in order for the artists and artisanat people to earn some money as well as
all the people involved in the tourist industry - hotels, service people,
local guides, etc. etc.

Jacqui Labrom

LOOK AT THE NEW STUFF ON MY WEBSITE: www.voyageslumierehaiti.com

VOYAGES LUMIERE

'Journeys for the enlightened traveller'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Los viajes para el turista iluminado'

Please note my new office/home phone number
249-6177 + cell phone 557-0753