14301: Ray: Forestry in your St. Louis World's Fair document (fwd)

From: Matt Ray <mray@novell.com>

Bob,

I was reading through the text from the St. Louis Fair document you
have.

http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/haiti/misctopic/texts/stlouis.htm

Fascinating to read.   The one point that stood out the most to me,
however, was the section on forestry.    Pretty sad to think about now.

"Forestry is in an undeveloped stage; trees which appear like
forbidding shrubbery proving to be very large and such as might be
useful in commerce. Some of these bear delicious fruits and some are
laden with flowers of enchanting odors which can often be distinctly
perceived for miles at sea.

With such an endowment of nature, Haiti's future in forestry is
assured."

Oh, if this was still true!   :-(

Matt