14320: Posted anonymously: Potions (fwd)

     About a week ago I heard some people on a tap-tap talking about some
 poison that Houngans give people that makes them crazy.  They were
 talking about it as if it were a fact, not merely a possibility.

    On December 31 I brought a person suffering from a fever to the
 General Hospital.  The doctor prescribed a blood test, a test for malaria
 and a test for typhoid.  By that time the laboratory was closed so they
 told us to come back on January 3rd.  That same afternoon (31st) I found
 out that someone had taken her to a houngan, found out where he lived and
 brought her back, telling her that I would not continue to help her if
 she visited houngans.  She was perfectly normal mentally that afternoon.
 The next morning she was in a trance and would not or could not talk,
 although she was not completely unconscious.  I saw her every day since
 then, including this morning -she is talking normally now but is mixed up
 mentally.  I consulted a pastor associated with the hospital and he said
 that they have had several mental cases that had been caused by some kind
 of poison that affects the brain and makes people crazy.

   I was wondering if you could put this on your list as I am very
 interested in finding out if there is such a poison, what it is and if
 there is an antidote to it. I am thinking that some of the people who
 subscribe to your list might know about this or might know houngans who
 they could ask.  I would rather that the post be anonymous if possible.