14344: Dorce: Re: 14332: Vishnusurf: Re: 14328: JJeanPierre1 (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 21:33:59 EST
From: LAKAT47@aol.com
To: corbetre@webster.edu
Subject: Dorce: Re: 14332: Vishnusurf:  Re: 14328:  JJeanPierre1

In a message dated 1/6/03 6:17:15 AM Pacific Standard Time, VISHNUSURF@aol.com
 writes:

<<  i was  just providing some background to stotsky's essay that i felt
would be useful  to the list's readers--much like chamberlain thankfully does
in regards to
 some of the things pina would have us believe.  like the old adage goes, you
 cannot believe everything that you read.  >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I'm not sure what this means.  It may or may not be useful information to
know that Professor Stotsky has worked for Aristide.  It may mean he is in a
very good place to know what is happening with him.  Why is the assumption
that he is incapable of objective writing or even worse, is so unethical as
to lie to us about what is happening.  As far as I'm concerned, I watch
carefully who a man's friends are, and who a man's enemies are.  If I respect
the friends and am unable to respect the enemies then I can make a judgement
(cursory) that the man is worthy of respect too.  I would say Professor
Stotsky is respectable, from what he writes and from his reputation.  I have
judged some of Aristide's enemies as not worthy of respect.  I do not admire
the way they behave, or the things they say.  I would say the IRI, the CIA
and the conservative arm (more than arm really!) of the Republican Party are
enemies of Aristide and I don't like them one bit.  Therefore, it's easy for
me to see Aristide in a better light than someone who aligns themselves with
these groups.

Now the thing I really don't get is what is that stuff about Chamberlain
giving us such good counter information to what Kevin Pina says!  As though
Pina is giving us misinformation.  How do you figure that?  Because it runs
counter to what the mainstream media is saying?  Because he is a supporter of
Aristide?  It does not follow that he is not objective about what is
happening.  He is trying to balance the information coming out of Haiti.  I
for one admire him for taking such a stand when his life is in danger there.
I don't see Chamberlain putting his life on the line for his beliefs.  I see
no balance from him.  I see colonial type sympathies for the better class in
Haiti.  I do not see anything that approaches understanding of what the
average Haitian wants and needs.  From Pina, I get that understanding.  I
think you owe him an apology for implying that Kevin Pina is giving us
misinformation, on purpose.  Indeed you can't believe everything you read,
however, I believe everything Pina writes because I believe he cares about
Haitians.  Not the big shots......the people.....the ones who deserve a
voice, finally.

Kathy Dorce~