14374: Goldstein: travel luggage to Haiti (fwd)

From: ALCCHFP@aol.com

From: Joel Goldstein

I have been taking mission teams to Haiti for a few years now, and have
always needed to travel with American airlines from NJ. We have typically
substituted suitcases with boxes to be able to more efficiently pack as much
supplies as possible with the size and weight limits allowed with our
tickets. for the first time in 14 years I am getting information that
American will no longer allow boxes as checked in luggage to Haiti at any
time of the year. Does anyone on the list know why this is the case? I would
also be interested in learning from others who lead teams down to Haiti as to
what they have used other than boxes to maximize their luggage situation to
bring as much supplies as possible during an outreach. Thanks!