14379: Apollon: Re: 14325: Senou: Rest Area (Toilet) (fwd)

From: Marlène Apollon <mrapollon@hotmail.com>

This is a fantastic idea.  Last year, on our way to Jacmel, we stopped at a
road side carry out restaurant past Carrefour for sandwiches and drinks and we
were able to use their facilities.  Those types of "rest areas" would
definitely generate employment and income.  Isolated public bathrooms (I was
going to say "Pure public bathrooms") might be costly to maintain clean since
you would have to pay someone to do it.  You could always encourage "donations"
from users but I remember from the old days when we had to pay a dime to use
public facilities in the U.S. and from my travels in Europe where you often
need to give a tip that some people never have the correct change or resent
paying for "that".  But go for it  and keep pursuing this project even if it
doesn't fly the first time (I can't imagine why it wouldn't).  And don't worry
about some people "linking it with politics."  Critique and criticism are parts
of human nature.  You know your motivation.  That's enough.  Good luck You will
succeed.