14496: Re 14468: Anonymous responds to Pierre on Adoption (fwd)

Dear Jean Jean Pierre,

This is a Haiti list and I want to alert other parents of Haitian
children that their child could need help.  In fact, there are other
issues they might face besides trauma.  Lead poisoning and survivor
guilt are two I'm familiar with.  Of course it's not only Haitian
children who should be offered therapy. Any older adopted
child--heck, any child should have the opportunity.

And of course NY is violent.  Maybe more violent than many parts of
Haiti.  But again, I'm addressing parents of children raised in
Haiti.  And in my child's case, being raised in Port au Prince during
the coup period was to be raised in a situation of extreme and
unhealthy insecurity and violence.  Way more than NY.  Period.  I'll
argue that with anybody any day.

I am an admirer and, actually, you know me.  But to protect my
daughter's privacy I can't say who I am.

Thanks for responding, and for your work on Haiti.
Yours,

Anonymous