14530: Dorce:Re: 14511: Chamberlain comments on Himmler Rebu (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 1/18/03 6:02:56 AM Pacific Standard Time, Greg Chamberlain
<GregChamberlain@compuserve.com> writes:

<< Don't kill the messenger !  Whatever Rébu was in the past, these days he
 can fairly be described as an "activist", a word that does not imply any
 particular virtue.  Let's recognise there aren't going to be many balanced
 opinions of someone born with a silly name like that, even if he was a
 saint.  To fog matters further, this guy, like many Haitian men, has
 written a slim volume of poetry...  >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Why not kill the messenger?  Why not advocate holding journalists responsible
for what they put out as news?  If we are being subjected to op-ed pieces,
then say so, and stand behind what you write.  But don't call it news if you
are writing unbalanced reports.  This kind of reporting is what gives
journalists (remember when they were called reporters?) a bad name,
approaching the level of (mis)trust that attorneys and used car salesmen
enjoy (apologies to attorneys and used car salesmen...I'm just making a
point).  And Himmler should change his name to something less potent, like
Goebbels or something.

If I ever meet you, Greg, I'm going to sing you my Hitler drinking song,
promise!  Its funny!  If I meet anyone else on this list, ask me and I'll
sing it for you too!

Kathy Dorce~