14533: Dorce: Re: 14460: Vishnusurf: Re: Sanba (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 1/15/03 8:32:04 AM Pacific Standard Time,
VISHNUSURF@aol.com writes:

<< to speak of conjecture... all of this talk of the convergence being the
 "tool" of american republicans is "conjecture", dear sanba.  show us the
 proof!  >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Why don't you prove that the convergence is NOT a tool of american
republicans..it would be just as easy.  Simple observation through the years,
especially the Jesse Helms years, is enough to tell any casual observer that
there is an agenda in the republican party to discredit Aristide.  If it
weren't for Clinton, Aristide would not be back in Haiti.  That Clinton
wasn't able to do more for Haiti, is testament to the power of the
republicans in the Senate.  And the existance and behavior of the IRI is
proof enough that the republicans are plotting against Aristide and by
extension, Haiti.  What about the CIA's involvement in FRAPH?  We know that
for a fact.  Ask Toto...he's not in Kansas anymore (Wizard of Oz reference).
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>> i know some true haitian patriots in the convergence, religious
leaders, union leaders, and intellectuals alike who have long been involved
in moding a better future for all haitians, who have put their lives on the
line and continue to do so..>>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
This may very well be, but if they are truly for the betterment of Haiti,
then why are they allied with such a poorly conceived group such as the
convergence??  To be a part of this group one must be aligned with some very
bad characters, and isn't that how Aristide got in trouble in the first
place?  One should stand up for what is right, that is true.  But what is
right about the convergence?  They have no mandate; they have only one thing
in common, the overthrow of the government.  This can only come to a bad end
for Haiti.  If they believe they are doing what is right for Haiti, they are
badly misguided.  They actually stand for what is wrong in Haiti, the
inability to negotiate in good faith, the inability to compromise and concede
when necessary and to reach consensus with those who have different opinions.
 The convergence, as a whole,  has only one objective and that is treason.  I
suggest if you know these sterling characters, you advise them that they are
with the wrong group.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>> the converegence is far more diverse than that. whatever their
popular support may be, you cannot simply write them off as pawns of the bush
administration.  if individual members have ties to washington, this does not
taint the entire opposition as CIA operatives.>>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
One should be very careful of the company he keeps.  When you join a group
for the purpose of combining forces, you'd better make sure that your values
are shared by that group.  You can't be a part of a group and not share the
responsibility for what that group produces.  In this case, not one positive
thing......not one, and I challange you to offer something they have done to
bring anything good to Haiti.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>heck, washington has never spent more money on haiti than it did to
reistall aristide... remember that?>>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I remember that, and it was Clinton and the Democrats who pushed for
Aristide's return......the republicans did everything they could to get
Aristide to make damaging concessions, which he did, and they haunt him to
this day.  The US would have never helped Aristide go back if it had been a
republican administration.  The embargo was a republican conconction, also,
meant to further hurt the economy of Haiti, while still empowering the
wealthy.  This was forced on Clinton; he wanted to go in from the beginning,
but was stimied by the republican led Senate.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>the last time i checked, washington was only concerned with bombing
iraq and could care one hoot about haiti>>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>From your mouth to God's ears......I wish this were true but amazingly, Haiti
still gets some unwanted attention.  I do not want war with Iraq, or anyone,
but I'm just as glad Mr. Nu-kyu-ler (thanks Du Tuyau) is otherwise engaged.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>he and haiti deserve the chance to see what he can pull off in the
second half of his mandate, and lets hope he gets the US$500 million he so
sorely needs, at least so that lavalas can no longer use that as its excuse.>>
If you really believe that, then you must recognize that the convergence does
NOT want that $500 million to be released to the GOH under any circumstances
except Aristide's resignation.  You do see that your position is
contradictory....no?  I believe balance is the best thing but there is no
balance in Haiti, it is polarized.  It's ok that Haiti is suffering growing
pains at this stage of democracy but I wish it wasn't so painful to the
people.  They always get the worst of it.

Kathy Dorce~