14538: Nadal: Re:14461. Nadal replies to Mrs.Karshan. (fwd)

From: Olivier Nadal <o_nadal@bellsouth.net>

Dear Mrs.Karshan,
I am sorry for answering so late to your post, I had a busy week like many
of us  here on the Corbett List.

Thank you for your answer to my demand. I have duly taken note that you
cannot post the entire translation of Jean Bertrand Aristide's speech in Les
Cayes. It is really too bad, but I do understand  your position since it
must not be easy to work for the haitian  government. You have to report
only their propaganda.I personnally would not like to be in your seat. After
all, real press freedom does not exist in Haiti under Jean Bertrand
Aristide. Journalists like Jean Dominique and Brignol Lindor paid of their
lives , thinking that press freedom and freedom of speech were respected in
Haiti. 46 haitian journalists are in exile today.They also thought after the
return of Jean Bertrand Aristide in 1994 that  the democratic game would be
respected. But it was not.

Mrs.Karshan, I have been tough on you with some of my emails sent directly
to you and I publicly apologize.
I can only say that it is too bad that you are working for a government that
is involved in human rights violations and corruption.

Sincerely.

Olivier Nadal