14539: Lyall: checkers en hayti? (fwd)

From: J. David Lyall <david@lyalls.net>

I bought a checkers set the other day.
Tried to play with madam'm but she didn't know how.
I'll be teaching.

I've seen folks playing in okap with locally made sets. I got a plastic and
cardboard
chinese set.

Then I played with jacques from okap. He's a good player, but he tried
to capture moving a non-king backwards!

He says these are the haitian rules. Like an en passant in chess I  guess.

Then when he made a king  he jumped over two empty spaces to capture
one of my men and double jumped over another three empty spaces to
double capture!!

We  played on  with  standard rules, but I wanna know....

Who has played this haitian checkers?
----
An Eye for an Eye
makes the whole world blind