14553: Ryan-Re:travel to Haiti? (fwd)

From: Tim Ryan <timgoblue@altelco.net>

This week I will be leading a medical team to Haiti.  This is not our first
trip so we understand the in.'s and out's of Haiti travel but there are a
couple of questions that I would like to present to the list so that our
group will be better prepared.

1. With all that has been in the news lately about the gas situation and
protests.  Is it safe to travel to Haiti at this time or should our group
go at another time.
2. Not to spark a debate about the Visa issue but only to inquire of those
who have recently been to Haiti.  What are the airport officials doing
concerning the Visa's this week?

Thank you,
TJ Ryan