14557: Bazile: Re: 14549: Senou: Guess who is exploiting elderly Haitian Parents (fwd)

From: Dr. Emilio Bazile <ebazile@msn.com>

Senou,
I do not agree with your first paragraph stating that our parents are paying
for what they have done to SaintAnise. It was a generation who made mistakes
as their society dictate and encourage then such behavior.
But I really want to congratulate you for your courage to help our community
recognize what we have been doing to our elderly parents whom, as well as
the restavek, have no voice and most all of we have been able to justify it
;
and there are even cases of financial abuse.
I believe we are sincere and  we mean well but
your point can help us to be more aware of it and be more sensitive to our
elderly parents real needs/interests versus our hidden  ones

Thanks.
Mounlazile