14665: Re:14647 Nadal's comments on Saint -Vil post (fwd)

From: Olivier Nadal <o_nadal@bellsouth.net>

Mr. Saint-Vil  posts :

"While reading through Metropole and HaitiPressNetwork today, I noticed a
couple of articles criticizing some declarations government officials made
recently concerning a set of immigrants they believe to be involved in
illegal activities in Haiti."

Mr.Saint-Vil , those haitian government "officials" declarations  that you
are mentioning in your post are haitian officials' racist declarations . We
are speaking today of a defacto government that took power in 2000  through
fraudulent elections, terrorism , political violence,  and  physical
harassment against the democratic forces of Haiti . It means, Mr.Saint-Vil ,
that those "officials" have no legitimity whatsoever to speak on behalf of
the haitian people. Many on this list think they are legal.They are not.They
have stolen their position by force.
Now , Mr.Saint-Vil , I am an immigrant too, the Nadal family arrived in
Haiti early 1800 from Guadeloupe.
One of my ancestor, General Boyer Bazelais signed the Act of Independance of
Haiti  in 1804. He was a general and a  mulatto who fought hard for our
freedom and our independence.
Every haitian ,either you are black , mulatto, arab or white are immigrants
.We all came from different regions of this world.
No one in Haiti can claim that he is more haitian than his neighbor and it
is not because you are black that you can say that you are more haitian than
a mulatto or an arab.Our independance was fought by black and mulattoes
officers and soldiers who decided to unite and fight for their freedom.
I think personally that it is not wise to come up with  a race issue that
does  exist in Haiti only in the mouth of crooked and dumm politicians and
discuss it over the net , just like that.

Mr. Saint-Vil, the problem that Haiti is facing today is not a racial
problem . HAITI  IS  NOT  A RACE  ISSUE .

If you want to make it yourself a race issue, I am going to ask you  the
following questions:

Who run the country for the last fifty years ?
Who were the leaders of Haiti? their names and their origins?
What all those so called leaders achieved to improve the conditions of life
of the haitian people in the last fifty years?
Just give me a list of the positive achievements of all those leaders on a
political ,social and economic basis , including the one who is illegally
occupying the National Palace today.

Yourself , Mr.Saint-Vil, you are also an immigrant, and I am an immigrant
too.We are all immigrants.

Unfortunately , Mr.Saint-Vil, our country has been runned for the last 200
hundred years by an irresponsible , incompetent, most corrupted and criminal
leadership that has always used the race card ,like Aristide and the
Lavalassians  are  doing it today, and like the Duvalierists  did it also
when they were in power, to hide their crimes and  get out of a mess that
they have created themselves  because of their greed and  their
incompetence.
How can you explain that since the return of Aristide in power in 1994, more
than 1.5 billion dollars have been poured into the country by the
International community for its economic and social development and that the
Lavalas government  cannot produce any proofs  that these funds were used
properly to improve the life of Haitians. ? I want to know, Mr.Saint-Vil who
is responsible today for this corruption and for the increased misery of the
haitian people, without demagogy ?

When you say that you read in the press that " a set of immigrants they
believe to be involved in illegal activities", this is really funny, when
everybody knows in Haiti  that 95 percent of haitian officials :congressmen
, senators , policemen and mayors are involved in drug trafficking,
contraband (rice,cement,sugar,flour,cars, arms ,etc...), corruption (Rice
scandal, embezzlement of public funds, etc...) and human right abuses (Theft
of the 2000 legislative and presidential elections, December 17th,2001
criminal attacks against the haitian democratic forces, called "the
opposition").
The actual "President of the Haitian Senate", Fourel Celestins is a  known
Drug Lord in Haiti and controls the drug trafficking entering Haiti from
Columbia. Actually this clown and murderer controls Jacmel and all the
region. He is a "senator of the republic of Haiti ". There are many other
Lavalas officials like Fourel Celestins involved in drug trafficking
contraband and arms trafficking. Do not tell me that Jean Bertrand Aristide
is not aware of his dealings !
You see, Mr Saint-Vil, by saying the truth online, I am taking my
responsabilities and  puting my life at risk.

Now, Mr.Saint-Vil, what is illegal and wrong for haitians that want to live
and work  in peace and be free, to ask that the Haitian Constitution of 1987
, the Universal  Declaration of Human Rights and the American Declaration
for Human Rights (Protocol of San Salvador) that was signed by Haiti  on
November 17th , 1988, be respected  and especially by the Lavalas officials
who seized power illegally?

After all, it is only what the haitian people through the haitian civil
society have been asking for.

"Yet, it is a well known fact that the highly respected Haitian of
Palestinian decent (Izmery) was literaly HATED by most of Haiti's small but
enriched foreign immigrant community. Some of these folks, now leading the
Initiative Societé Civile, were formerly known as the MRE (Morally Repugnant
Elite) and they hated Izmery, precisely because he always stood up against
their racially-based, CIA-linked, criminal activities - not the least of
which was: financing the bloody 1991 coup d'état."

M. Saint-Vil,what you have written above is not serious. It is very
irresponsible to speak today in Haiti  about "hate" among different social
classes or even within social classes , because it does not exist.There are
problems in every societies in every country in this world. Speaking about
race differences between haitians  will  bring only  more hate and more
divisions among the haitian people. I am reading everyday the Lavalas
propaganda speaking of "hate" and "apartheid" in Haiti.Matter of fact,
Aristide to hide his incompetence and criminal behavior as  defacto
president of Haiti is using the Race Card, accusing the white people of the
misery of Haiti for the last 200 years.What a joke !Come on!Why don't the
international financial institutions ask Aristide what he did with all the
public money his government stole during the last 12 years of Lavalas in
power? Why , words of hate and apartheid  only come out from the mouth of
crooked politicians and crooked lobbyists to hide their irresponsabilities ?

"In fact, in a brief presentation of Katharine Kean's film featuring the
life
and assassination of Antoine Izmery, one reads: "Rezistans suggests that
Izmery, like thousands of other Haitians, is the victim of a brutal
oligarchy that conducts its reign of terror with the collusion of operatives
from the U.S. government."

I knew Antoine Izmery personally. This statement is not serious neither !
Why don't you ask his wife to tell you who killed her husband and who
disliked him to the point of killing him ? If you cannot find her  , I will
be glad to ask her myself for you .
All this blablabla about the behavior of a so called "brutal oligarchy" is
Lavalas propaganda. In your mind ,it may exists so please come with name and
facts. How this "brutal oligargy"operates and who are they?

"Clearly, those who have been to Haiti know for a FACT that African-Haitians
are not xenophobic. We have never been and never shall be. Our popular
culture, our social environment are very counter-xenophobic"

Mr. Saint-Vil, I disagree with you. Most haitian leaders and especially
those who kept themselves  and are still  keeping themselves in power today
by force, are xenophobic.When you hear Aristide giving interviews to the
foreign press and accusing the white people to be against the poor black
people of Haiti.Come on , who is xenophobic ?
My answer is that  Aristide is one  more  dumm  xenophobic president  that
our country had the misfortune to  carry in our ranks !

Francois Duvalier and Jean Bertrand Aristide are two good examples of insane
xenophobia against the white .Today with Aristide in power in Haiti ,we are
hearing the same demagogy again and again against foreigners , white people
, haitian mulattoes and arab families  . The same  racism is being used
against  a large group of people who are giving  their life for a better
Haiti and who are not responsible of Aristide  irresponsabilities and crimes
. The lavalas today are using repression against haitian blacks as well as
haitian mulattoes that  have the courage to raise their voices against
Aristide dictatorial and insane behavior.While the haitian population within
all classes do not care about the differences of color of their skin, we
will always find dumm haitian politicians to lie and  use this criminal
demagogy to fool the haitian people.Over the years, haitians have learned
better.

We will not fall this time in this trap !

We must have clearness of vision  and a quiet mind if we are to see the end
of this nightmare.May we ask God to protect and guide Haiti and its people.

Olivier Nadal