14703: jhudicourtb: lists and Haitian politics (fwd)

From: JHUDICOURTB@aol.com

Why is it that there are lists being circulated all the time by people who
are trying to make political points?  Other than the two list posted
yesterday or today by Nadal and Makandal, I have received lists via email
from other sources.  Some of them claim to be lists of people profitting from
the current government, etc.  What is the significance of lists in Haitian
politics?  It is very hard  to say whether or not the passport numbers and
other info in the Nadal-sent list is accurate.  What if it is?  So what if so
many people have US citizenship?  As to the list of accounts and visas
blocked by the US government during the coup, it will be assumed to have
correct information because it is on a US Government document.  It claims to
be a list of coup supporters, yet many of the people on the list are
children.  One contains a date of birth of 1990.  A one-year old coup
supporter.  What does that say about the competence of the US governement
employees who made the list?  I think the use of lists to try to incriminate
people is a sad commentary on the level of political argument going on in our
society.  Anyone can create a list and post it somewhere to try to bother a
specific group of people.  Yes, we are all on the Corbett list?  So what?  Is
that significant?  How?
This business of trying to decide who the true Haitians are is also very sad.
 I suggest that anyone who has used the word Haitien, Haitian, or Ayisyen as
a derogatory term should be stripped of their Haitian nationality.  How many
of us will be left then?