14715: Senou: July 1915 and October 1994: A test drive (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

July 1915 and October 1994

I was not there in 1915 but I was here and followed
step by step everything that had taken place in 1994
and thereafter.
Without any doubt the State of Haiti was technically
occupied in 1994.
Where were the peasants in 1994? And were they serious
during the occupation era (1915-1934) or manipulated
by a few or defending their own personal interest.
	Trying to understand 1915 to 1934 with what is going
on since 1994 in Haiti and the short period that had
led to both occupations.
What would have happened if there were No Corvée and
the peasants were well paid for their work?
May be we are glorifying people who were not really
hero but defending their own personal interest.
All these writings about national proud, about
defending the country, about principle have been put
into question.

In 1915 the illiteracy rate was over 85% and it was
about 80% in 1994 and if we are taking into account
the functional analphabet. This can reach as high as
90%.

I feel that the peasants were manipulated to satisfy
one person or a group agenda like today.  Nothing has
changed.

When dealing with an Ex and knowing that some folks
are willing to association with whatever or even the
devil to destroy their opponents or foes. I won’t be
surprised seeing some team-up with Dominican folks to
undermine the country as long as it is for their own
personal interest.

How can someone explain the passiveness of the Haitian
people in 1994, no revolt was recorded and what was
the justification to put the country through that? Was
it for the spirit of democracy or for personal
interest?

The leader of that movement during the first
occupation was an EX and you must always make an
effort to read between the lines. The driving force
might be: revenge or make it even. If two or three or
five days after the invasion, a group of people gather
together and said we are going to fight the yanked but
getting involved when …seem suspicious.

A hero is someone who does not fight or engage in
anything for his/her personal interest but for the
country. In 1980’s and 90’s, we had created ton of
heroes (but they are indeed a bunch of zeros).

Despite tons of writings about Charlemagne Peralte why
no one had thought making him a national hero? My
friends, hero is a sacred word and this is the reason
why every single country in the world has a few.

Joseph Alfred