14757: Pina remarks on Hermantin: Miami Herald Editoria (fwd)

FROM: Kevin Pina                <kpinbox@hotmail.com>

This is exactly what I wrote earlier. Why should the Republicans dirty their
own hands pinning the mantle of persecution on the tail of Lavalas when you
can get liberals to do it for you. 200 refugees running across a freeway in
Miami is worth more then the tesitimony of 8,000,000 Haitians remaining in
their country. Bait and switch.

It was interesting to hear Dina fall over herself recently to paint Aristide
cum Duvalier. She is apparently immune to the truth, I wonder who gave her
the serum? We watched without throwing up our lunch.  I also wonder what it
feels like to be out yet on the inside Leonie?

Best,

kp

"This report concludes that there is a fundamental lack of access to
meaningful refugee protection for Haitians in the United States and the
Dominican Republic, two of the largest receiving countries for Haitian
asylum seekers. While some Haitians may leave their homeland to escape
economic deprivation, this cannot be used as an excuse to deny
protection to those individuals who merit refugee protection."