14787: Senou: Rest Areas First Step: Creating an International Team (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Rest Areas First Step:  Creating an International Team

Good morning,
Are you interested to be part of a team that will work
exclusively on a feasible plan that will lead to the
construction of the rest areas?

I received tons of encouraging notes about the
necessity to put some rest areas in various part of
the country. I had created HCR (Haitian Community
Relations, Inc) with the purpose of helping Haiti in
Haiti and portraying the country positively to the
outside no matter what.

	HCR is going to do for Haiti what the United Way has
been doing for the U.S. and Canada since its creation.
We respect the law, the hierarchy and the chain of
command of every country. Initiating this type of
project imply that we must have the clearance of the
authority in place in that particular country and also
work with the local official as well as various
organizations: profit and non-profit. Below, I will
share with you three notes that are expected to be the
HEART of this initiative. I strongly believe that each
and everyone can do something for his/her community.
We have to be focus and stay focus and we must
deliver. We shall be able to work together and ipso
facto assist our native country.  (Without knowing a
city has already one in place). I strongly believe the
country will be benefited greatly in this endeavor. My
Philosophy: if someone had already initiated
something, let expand it.
NB: These rest areas will need electricity and below
an individual has been working already on that project
to produce solar energy and it is not expected to be
expensive.

Now: we are going to create an international team that
shall include individuals and organizations that are
interested in that initiative. This team will put in
place a feasible and cost effective project.
Interested: Reply: Yes with your name and title and
your area of expertise, country and a permanent email
address/phone/fax and as well as your mailing address
to this address hcrinfor@hcronline.org

Merci
Joseph Alfred, Educator
____

Hello,

I support your initiative to built rest areas in
Haiti.  That has also been one idea I have been
thinking of.  The City of Saint Marc already built one
and the City of Cabaret would be interested.  How can
we work together?  I have a few good contacts here and
there.

Please let me hear from you soon.

A bientot,
---------
Hello and thank you for your encouraging note today.
Solar lighting is
Technically feasible, with approximately ten years of
experience in
Haiti.  However, it can't stand alone as a consumer
item as it does
Here in the U.S.; Haiti will never catch up at that
rate.  Solar lighting could be a centerpiece in a
national energy policy for Haiti.  that's where I come
in.  If we work together, we can write a document,
Including analysis and recommendations that will
attract support
And money from overseas.  Let me know if you'd like to
get involved in
this.  I'm sure we can have something ready in time
for the
bicentennial.

best wishes,

-----

Mssr. Alfred,

Is it possible that a simple design for a sanitation
center including
A well, 4-8 toilets, and a septic system would be of
use?  I have been looking into developing water
resources in Haiti, but I'm still in the first stages
of application for non-profit status.  My
brother-in-law XXXX and I are working for better water
and sanitation resources, but it seems to take so
long.  Do you have any access to financing for such a
project?  I'd like to help, if I could.

-----
Joseph Alfred
Founder/CEO