14825: Senou: CEP:Judge Leon Manus might be the answer: A compelling case (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

CEP: Judge Leon Manus might be the answer:
A compelling case

My friends, the law is the law and this has nothing to
do with popularity. Resolution 822 has called for the
creation of a Temporary CEP, we can use article 289
until we can really put in place a permanent CEP,
which can be 150 years away or never.  Lawyer Leon
Manus is still the President of the original CEP (CEP
of 2000), he fled the country citing security reason,
he must return to either validate the result of the
congressional election or call for a redo.  He has the
last word my friends. You can say whatever you want
but he is still the president. Mr. Jean Bertrand
Aristide was forced out of the country in 1991 after a
coup de force, he was returned to complete his term.
Therefore, Lawyer Leon Manus must return to complete
his job.
 Secretary of State Katherine Harris of Florida had
certified the controversial presidential election, she
has that right and lawyer Manus has the same right he
can either accept and publish the result or call for a
redo. My friends, he has that right.

We must have the courage to allow judge Leon Manus to
complete his job in Haiti. But there will be some
other implications since the mandate of the CEP of
Manus must end at the completion of the congressional
election and a new CEP must be appointed to conduct
the following election.

Some of you are going to say well there is a
difference between so and so and time has changed. But
if you are a democrat and if you respect the law and
the constitution, you know that honorable Judge Leon
Manus must return to complete his job and I strongly
believe, he can put to rest all these nonsense that
are going on right now.

NB: The congressional election is still in dispute,
some call to send home some defacto Senators and
Deputés, why not call the person who has the authority
to make it happen. He did not certify the election, he
is the man of the moment and if we respect the law as
we pretend to or make people believe, we shall call
him back to finish his job like the former Haitian
president had returned in 1994 to complete his term.

Senou