14918: Sanba: Re:14903: Higbie re Du Tuyau # 14886+7 (fwd)

From: sanba@juno.com

Your first point although debatable makes sense. Indeed it can go your way that the OAS decide to visit after the facts. All we can ask from  this prestigious organization is to be equally stern to the pros and cons.
Your second point however is dangerous in this sense that it excuses bias reporting with the idea of limited resources. Thousand times NO, limited resourses cannot be pretext to biased reporting. What you are saying, heavily suggests that any time one of the "connected group", as you put it, falls victim of the violence taking place in Haiti, it has to be out of an internal feud. That is cloesly reminiscent to the official reports from the so-called International Organizations including the OAS that too oftenly inoculate the concept that only one person in Haiti is behind everything wrong. Haiti would otherwise made of saints and innocents, wouldn't it?
In short, a Human Right organization has the obligation to report fairly and accurately whatever the objective of the investigation. It may not be easy, but decency had never been a given.
Otherwise I have to congratulate you for your choice of words as for example IN THIS FOLLOWING SENTENCE:
"During the Duvalier years,did it make sense to launch an investigation every time [EVERY TIME] one macoute beat up [BEAT UP]another macoute, or to focus instead on government intimidation and repression of the opposition?

While it would be proper and sound to launch an investigation any time a crime occurs -that is what we are fighting for; some selectively, some in general- ONE DAY FAIRNESS WILL CERTAINLY DEMAND THAT WE START ALSO INVESTIGATING THE OPPOSITION FOR TYRANNIC PRACTICE AND PROVOCATION. After all no side has the monopoly of virtue, right or wrong?