14951: Senou: A Divided Community (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

A divided Community

“There is a reason for everything” the division among
the Haitian people is deep.  This year, we are going
to see brothers and sisters raised in the same family
going to separate events, you are going to see people
belonging to the same church going to different
events, you are going to see husband and wife getting
dressed and going to different event, you are going to
see parents and children living under the same roof
going to separate event.
We are asking the Haitian people in Haiti to get
together to solve the political stalemate and we who
are currently living in the Diaspora are doing the
same thing our compatriots are doing back home.

One cannot talk about unification when there is no
common interest. My friends, you must stand for
principles and respect. You must believe on what you
are doing and if you don’t stand for something, you
will fall for anything.
You are living in a democracy in which you do whatever
you please, last week I saw a federal express box in
front of the U.S. Postal office close to the entrance
door. Can we ever see that in Haiti or in any Haitian
community anywhere in the world?

My friends, we have a destructive mentality: “if I’m
not the one, or my family or a close friend, I will
find a way to destroy it” Helas!

My friends, you must live your life and help anyone in
your path whether they are Haitians or not. Haitians
go to Africa and develop cities, town and do many
things. Haitians in the U.S. exceed everyone
expectation.  My friends, you have tendency to work
harder where your work is value and this is why the
United States of America and many other countries are
expected to grow.  We criticize everything and today I
tell you critic is a destructive word. Objective
criticizing does not exist. Take it or leave it. Who
are you going to criticize? A good friend, a brother,
a sister, your mom, your dad now let get it closer
your son or daughter; be truthful. If you see a friend
making a mistake you will take him/her aside and talk
to him/her, you are not going to publicly undermine
him/her or to tarnish his/her image.

We failed badly as a country, sometimes we see divorce
folks succeed and make progress and if they remain
together, it could have been a disaster. And some of
you are a living proof of it.
Comme a dit l’autre: “ Ce que l’ont conçoit bien
s’ennonce clairement et les paroles pour le dire
arrive aisément”

My friends, do not force the nature when the time
comes for Haitians to get together, they will. This
bicentennial anniversary is not the end of the world
it is just a celebration.  The next day will be Monday
my friends, you need to send the children to school
and go back to work.
Do not feel obligated to anyone.  It is unfortunate
that we choose these historical dates to create more
rifts among the Haitians. I refrain to use family
since we are not a family. More need to be done, it
will take time to see a Unity but in the meantime you
can create a coalition of the willing.
Sister Theresa said: “ if we were not concerned about
who got the credit many things could have been
accomplished in this world”

Senou